- Born November 26, 1876, in Angola, N.Y.
- Received engineering degree from Cornell University in 1901
- Started working at Buffalo Forge Company in 1901
- Designed the world´s first modern air conditioning system in 1902
- Developed Rational Psychrometric Formula in 1911
- Founded Carrier Engineering Corporation in 1915
- Awarded honorary doctorates from Lehigh University (1935) and Alfred University (1942)
- Died October 7, 1950, in New York, N.Y.
- Inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame in 1985
- Named one of TIME magazine´s “100 Most Influental People of the 20th Century” in 1998
- Carrier is a member od UTC Building & Industrial Systems
- More than 120 000 employees
- $29,3 B net sales
- 74 factories
- 60 countries
- 49 R&D Centres
- More than 80 Industry-leading brands
- Proximity & Responsiveness
- Expertise & Coltuntancy
- -20% Use of primary energy
- 20% Share of renewable energy
- -20% CO2 Emissions
- Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Directives requirements
- Example of energy label for heat pumps
UTC Building & Industrial Systems, unit of United Technologies Corp., is the world’s largest provider of building technologies. Its elevator, escalator, fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable.
The company’s industry-leading brands include Otis, Carrier, Lenel, Edwards, Automated Logic, Kidde, Chubb and Marioff.
With an extensive network of branches, Carrier expert technicians are ready to take action, quickly. The companys comprehensive and highly efficient maintenance processes mean your equipment works at peak performance level. You can rely on Carrier Rental Systems and availible spare parts to ensure smooth functioning and extended uptime of your system.
Carrier has experienced teams, top grade logistics and powerful information systems. These Industry-leading resources come together to deliver best-in-class service. Your Carrier experts will help you to find the right solution to enhance energy efficiency and maximise your investments.
As your prefered partner, Carrier designs tailored maintenance programmes to meet your goals and optimise your business performance.
Carrier is committed to limiting the environmental impact of its products and solutions and reducing energy consumption. This commitment is in line with the targets of the European climate and energy package for 2020:
Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Directives
Ecodesign takes into account a product’s impact on the environment throughout its lifecycle and plays an essential role in meeting the 2020 targets. In the European Union, the Ecodesign Directive sets mandatory energy efficiency requirements for all energy-related products (ERPs), including air conditioning products. Therefore, this directive pushes the market away from low-performance products, requiring
manufacturers to develop products that consume less energy. In addition, the European Energy Labelling Directive classifies products from G to A, according to their efficiency. This pulls the market towards more energy-efficient products by improving consumer information.
In September 2015, heat pumps will become the first commercial products to be submitted to the Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Directives. Conformity is mandatory for a product to obtain the CE marking.
Carrier heat pumps are all in the classes A to A ++.